Igor Tudor has addressed the media for the first time ahead of Sunday’s north London derby against Arsenal. The fixture will represent Tudor’s opening match in charge of Tottenham following Thomas Frank’s dismissal earlier this month. He acknowledged it had been a challenging week, with training sessions hampered by a significantly weakened squad.
Delivering an injury update, he said: « In this particular moment, with 10 injuries, we trained with 13 players. It is what is is. It’s not fantastic, beautiful but 13 we will have and it is quite enough to achieve what we want on Sunday. »
When questioned about Dominic Solanke‘s availability, Tudor added: « Probably no, Solanke has some problem with his throat but he made two days training. All the others, some are next week. »
Spurs continue without Wilson Odobert (knee), James Maddison (knee), Dejan Kulusevski (knee), Rodrigo Bentancur (thigh), Mohammed Kudus (thigh), Ben Davies (ankle/foot), Lucas Bergvall (ankle/foot), Destiny Udogie (thigh), Kevin Danso (ankle/foot), Richarlison (thigh) and Pedro Porro (thigh).
Meanwhile, Cristian Romero remains suspended following his red card against Manchester United earlier this month.
Romero is currently serving a four-match ban, and Tudor will only have access to him for the journey to Liverpool on March 15.
Ensure our latest sport headlines always appear at the top of your Google Search by making us a Preferred Source. Click here to activate or add us as a Preferred Source in your Google search settings.
For Sunday’s encounter, Tottenham are expected to be without 12 first-team players.
Despite the challenges, Tudor says he is concentrated on the job at hand, determined to ensure Spurs battle to preserve their Premier League status for next season.
« I didn’t enjoy because I’m not here to enjoy, » he emphasised. « I’m here to work. It’s the first moment and there’s work to do. It’s a privilege to be here. »
He then promised that Spurs will be ‘100 per cent’ a Premier League club next campaign.
Source link

