Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office, Thames Valley Police have said. It comes less than an hour after six unnmarked police vehicles were pictured arriving at Wood Farm this morning, the temporary home Andrew has been living in on the King’s Sandringham Estate.
The arrest falls on the disgraced former Duke of York’s 66th birthday. If found guilty, the maximum sentence for misconduct in public office is life imprisonment.
Thames Valley Police, who did not name Andrew, said in a statement on Thursday morning: « As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.
« The man remains in police custody at this time. We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court. »
Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: “Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.
“It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence. We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”
The force previously said it was reviewing allegations that a woman was trafficked to the UK by Jeffrey Epstein to have a sexual encounter with Andrew, and claims he shared sensitive information with the paedophile while serving as the UK’s trade envoy.
Andrew, who turns 66 today, has consistently and strenuously denied any wrongdoing. Norfolk Constabulary has been contacted for comment.
Buckingham Palace has not yet responded.
MORE FOLLOWS…
Source link

